Dear Benjamin George,
On behalf of the entire SCGWest Development and Design/Build (SCG) team I am pleased to present our proposal for your planned Construction Services. We are thankful for the opportunity to partner with Ghost Pizza Kitchen in the delivery of another successful restaurant project. Taking a cohesive team approach and providing the necessary support to the entire project team ensures challenges are addressed with solutions, launch dates are kept, and early project completion and turnover whenever and wherever possible is achieved.
Our passion and commitment to this project is second to none and the attached proposal will demonstrate how SCGWest is uniquely positioned to be the best team for Ghost Pizza Kitchen. In the past five years, SCGWest has managed the design & construction of more than 2 million square feet of restaurants, retail and medical office facilities across the southwestern United States. Our unique approach allows us to accelerate and optimize the process while reducing the cost, timeline, and stress on the owner. This unique methodology affords us the opportunity to better prepare for the project and manage tasks proactively. This culture of adaptability lives in everything we do.
We will deliver Ghost Pizza Kitchen with the following:
Deep Seeded Values are the cornerstone of our success. We value integrity. We support a no-surprises culture that is focused on honesty and transparency, well-defined processes that support innovation and a willingness of our entire team to be accountable for completing the job on time and on budget. These values are why SCG has a proven track record of providing exactly what we promise on every project we complete.
Qualified and Experienced Team. SCG’s success starts and stops with our people. Our team is composed of seasoned professionals, all having worked together and who share a common passion for a job well done.
Experienced Subcontractor & Vendor Relationships. We will leverage our long-standing subcontractor & vendor relationships in the greater southwestern region to assemble a reliable, experienced, and cost-competitive team that is necessary for a best-in-class delivery.
We firmly believe that our team will be Ghost Pizza Kitchen’s best choice for delivering a successful project, and we look forward to furthering our relationship with you. Our Project Approach is outlined in this proposal, and we are prepared to discuss this in specific detail during a team interview.
SCGWest Development Team
Development Made Simple
We deliver turn-key commercial real estate solutions so you can focus on your core business. We are full-service firm specializing in the turnkey delivery of retail, restaurant, and medical office projects. SCGWest was founded in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2012 by Kyle Gorman and Brandon Lehman. The co-founders set out to improve on traditional industry standard methods by implementing a more efficient process that opens the lines of communication between all project participants and the ownership. The goal of this process was to form a more cohesive team approach utilizing technology to monitor progress with real time updates and improve efficiency, cost and speed in comparison to what conventional project delivery methods had to offer.
Today, SCGWest is headquartered in Irvine, California and completes projects nationwide. The company has provided development services to some of the nation’s largest retail, restaurant, and medical office brands, all while keeping the same philosophy that the company was founded on; We believe you need a trustworthy partner with your best interest at the forefront to make development simple.
The SCGWest Development Advantage
SCG Provides Our Clients with an App Live Project Daily Updates & Constant Communication
Because we complete most things in house we are faster than our competition.
Buildertrend Technology & Management Construction software for detailed and complete tracking
Our Clients capitalize on our marketing efforts to promote their business. We E-Mail Blast, Post on Social Media & Promote ALL new projects
Professional Completed Photos & Video Time Lapse of Renovation
Change Orders are Limited to Owner Requests in Scope
Architecture is completed in-house! 2D & 3D renderings available if requested
We have references and testimonials available upon request and have a list of accolades. We are consistently listed as a Top 25 Design/Builder
We utilize the most Proven & Efficient Methods to complete your project
Past Project References
SCGWest will provide construction-build services related to the dining & outdoor patio areas for architectural build-out of Ghost Pizza Kitchen to be located at 145 S. Barrignton Ave, Los Angeles, CA location.
Ghost Pizza Kitchen is looking to develop a new modern dining and patio area that creates a distinct design that emulating their brand and business.
The construction build out will establish a comprehensive look and feel that will allow the customer to experience the intended vision of Ghost Pizza Kitchen capturing the spirit of New York in Southern California surroundings.
Proposed Scope of Work
Existing Site Information
Vision and Schematic Design
PRE-DESIGN. VISIONING. DEFINING THE PROGRAM. The first objective is to determine overall project vision and goals. There are some key areas to discuss the project – scope, features, purpose, and functionality. In this phase, we carry out:
- Client consultation
- Existing conditions survey and documentation
- Compile existing drawings if any
- Prepare high-level base drawings
- Statement of probable build/construction cost
- Programming space and use
- Code review
Once this is competed the Client will sign off and we will begin: SCHEMATIC DESIGN. SPACE PLANNING. Deliverables:
- Preliminary code review and concept plan adjustments.
- Space Plan and Program Area Break-down.
- Reflected Ceiling Plan.
- Finish Plan.
- Concept imagery.
Client will sign off to move to Phase II.
Design Development & Construction Documentation
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS. (Blue Prints) Construction documents consist of drawings, instructions, and specifications that allow project will be built. This Phase includes all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Structural Engineering. Deliverables:
- Cover sheets and schedules
- Demolition plans as required
- Construction plans showing layouts, details, schedules, and dimensions
- Floor fixture plan showing the location of furniture and equipment
- Reflected ceiling plan showing lighting and equipment locations
- Interior elevations including signage locations
- Finish schedule indicating extent and location of finishes
- Construction details of interior wall and ceiling construction
- Millwork fixture details
- MEP drawings and specifications
- Lighting drawings and specifications
- Structural drawings and specifications
- Fixture and equipment cut sheets and specifications
- Feasibility Study provided by CM team
Exclusions: Civil Engineering. Interior Design.
Build-Out Pricing & Permitting
PERMITTING. BIDDING PACKAGE. TEAM SELECTION. LONG LEAD ITEMS.
- SCG will file all documents required by government authorities having jurisdiction over the Project.
- SCG will gather construction bids pre-qualifying Vendors, Suppliers, Subcontractors, and establishing the Project Team.
- SCG will assist in procurement all furnishings, furniture, and equipment directly from manufacturers, fabricators, suppliers, and/or dealers.
- SCG will provide a written report of potential cost-saving measures, risks, and potential unforeseen conditions (if applicable).
The following permit approvals will be coordinated.
- Building & Safety
- Planning (not related to CUP or change in use)
- Fire Department
- Health Department
- Fire Sprinklers & Alarms
- Fire Suppression
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION. FF&E PROCURMENT. PUNCHLIST & CLOSEOUT. SCGWest will complete the General Construction portion of the project. Various trades will be performed In-House while others are outsourced to 3rd Parties and managed by SCG. Construction Details:
- The Construction contract that we use is an AIA 141 Owner/Design-Build Contract
- The Contract is a Not To Exceed _ Lump Sum with Owner Contingency
- Project Schedule is Attached
- Payment Schedule is Attached
- Weekly project meetings with Owners and Stakeholders–prepare and distribute meeting summaries and action items for the project.
- Follow the SCG standard communication plan, meetings, document control, reports, budget, and schedule management.
- Manage Pay Applications and Releases
- Equipment Delivery Scheduling and Acceptance
- Furniture Delivery Scheduling and Acceptance
- Prepare and issue project closeout package
NOTE: A list of which trades are being performed on your specific project internally vs outsource will be provided upon request.
Turn-key Architectural & Engineering Services
Compensation for Architectural Services shall be $11,798.
Turn-key Construction Services
Compensation for Construction Services shall be $78,956.
Total cost shall be $90,754.
Compensation for Additional Services (if not agreed upon as a lump sum amount) shall be based on SCG’s Standard Hourly Billing Rates
Compensation for Reimbursable Expenses including permit processing consultant and City fees incurred by SCG in connection with the Project shall be based on amounts invoiced to SCG, plus fifteen percent (15%).
This proposal does not include any landlord work or landlord renovations. Excluding line items on Exhibit C-1 from landlord “as is” lease.
AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
This Agreement is comprised of and incorporates the following documents, in order of precedence:
- this Letter of Agreement.
- the attached Standard Terms and Conditions (STC)
Where a portion of one document is amended by another of higher precedence, all unmodified portions shall remain in effect.
The effective date of this Agreement is [date].
$1,000.00 Deposit Upon Signing