Dear Eric Glenn,
We appreciate the opportunity to provide our proposal for Design & Architectural Services of your above-referenced project.
Our proposed scope of work is based on our prior job site visit, discussions, and outlining your project needs.
The key strength of SCGWest is the quality of our individual team members and our ability to form a team perfectly suited to any project with experience, knowledge and competency unrivaled by our competitors.
We will manage, coordinate, and execute the entire process- whether this consists of a basic design or you choose to continue working with us through the completion of the build. We are capable of handling all facets of a project from start to finish.
What makes SCGWest so great at what we do is that we genuinely ENJOY what we do. Developing a new site, designing a space, refreshing a tired brand, or handing the keys to a new business owner for the first time, is what it’s all about!
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work together and look forward to this project and your success.
Development Made Simple
We deliver turn-key commercial real estate solutions so you can focus on your core business. We are full-service firm specializing in the turnkey delivery of retail, restaurant, and medical office projects. SCGWest was founded in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2012 by Kyle Gorman and Brandon Lehman. The co-founders set out to improve on traditional industry standard methods by implementing a more efficient process that opens the lines of communication between all project participants and the ownership. The goal of this process was to form a more cohesive team approach utilizing technology to monitor progress with real time updates and improve efficiency, cost and speed in comparison to what conventional project delivery methods had to offer.
Today, SCGWest is headquartered in Irvine, California and completes projects nationwide. The company has provided development services to some of the nation’s largest retail, restaurant, and medical office brands, all while keeping the same philosophy that the company was founded on; We believe you need a trustworthy partner with your best interest at the forefront to make development simple.
The SCGWest Development Advantage
SCG Provides Our Clients with an App Live Project Daily Updates & Constant Communication
Because we complete most things in house we are faster than our competition.
Buildertrend Technology & Management Construction software for detailed and complete tracking
Our Clients capitalize on our marketing efforts to promote their business. We E-Mail Blast, Post on Social Media & Promote ALL new projects
Professional Completed Photos & Video Time Lapse of Renovation
Change Orders are Limited to Owner Requests in Scope
Architecture is completed in-house! 2D & 3D renderings available if requested
We have references and testimonials available upon request and have a list of accolades. We are consistently listed as a Top 25 Design/Builder
We utilize the most Proven & Efficient Methods to complete your project
Past Project References
SCGWest will provide design-build services related to the Customer, Retail, Stock/Support, Office & Breakroom areas for architectural renovations of the Barbershop to be located at 4005 Highland Ave. Manhattan, CA 90266 location.
The Barbershop is looking to develop a new Customer, Retail, Stock/Support Office, and Breakroom areas that create a refined experienced environment emulating their Barbershop brand and business.
The design will establish a comprehensive look and feel that will allow the customer to experience the quality of their business.
Proposed Scope of Work
Existing Site Information
Vision and Schematic Design
PRE-DESIGN. VISIONING. DEFINING THE PROGRAM. The first objective is to determine overall project vision and goals. There are some key areas to discuss the project – scope, features, purpose, and functionality. In this phase, we carry out:
- Client consultation
- Existing conditions survey and documentation
- Compile existing drawings if any
- Prepare high-level base drawings
- Statement of probable build/construction cost
- Programming space and use
- Code review
Once this is competed the Client will sign off and we will begin: SCHEMATIC DESIGN. SPACE PLANNING. Deliverables:
- Preliminary code review and concept plan adjustments.
- Space Plan and Program Area Break-down.
- Reflected Ceiling Plan.
- Finish Plan.
- Concept imagery.
Client will sign off to move to Phase II.
Design Development & Construction Documentation
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS. (Blue Prints) Construction documents consist of drawings, instructions, and specifications that allow project will be built. This Phase includes all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Structural Engineering. Deliverables:
- Cover sheets and schedules
- Demolition plans as required
- Construction plans showing layouts, details, schedules, and dimensions
- Floor fixture plan showing the location of furniture and equipment
- Reflected ceiling plan showing lighting and equipment locations
- Interior elevations including signage locations
- Finish schedule indicating extent and location of finishes
- Construction details of interior wall and ceiling construction
- Millwork fixture details
- MEP drawings and specifications
- Lighting drawings and specifications
- Structural drawings and specifications
- Fixture and equipment cut sheets and specifications
- Feasibility Study provided by CM team
Exclusions: Civil Engineering. Interior Design.
Build-Out Pricing & Permitting
PERMITTING. BIDDING PACKAGE. TEAM SELECTION. LONG LEAD ITEMS.
- SCG will file all documents required by government authorities having jurisdiction over the Project.
- SCG will gather construction bids pre-qualifying Vendors, Suppliers, Subcontractors, and establishing the Project Team.
- SCG will assist in procurement all furnishings, furniture, and equipment directly from manufacturers, fabricators, suppliers, and/or dealers.
- SCG will provide a written report of potential cost-saving measures, risks, and potential unforeseen conditions (if applicable).
The following permit approvals will be coordinated.
- Building & Safety
- Planning (not related to CUP or change in use)
- Fire Department
- Health Department
- Fire Sprinklers & Alarms
- Fire Suppression
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION. FF&E PROCURMENT. PUNCHLIST & CLOSEOUT. SCGWest will complete the General Construction portion of the project. Various trades will be performed In-House while others are outsourced to 3rd Parties and managed by SCG. Construction Details:
- The Construction contract that we use is an AIA 141 Owner/Design-Build Contract
- The Contract is a Not To Exceed _ Lump Sum with Owner Contingency
- Project Schedule is Attached
- Payment Schedule is Attached
- Weekly project meetings with Owners and Stakeholders–prepare and distribute meeting summaries and action items for the project.
- Follow the SCG standard communication plan, meetings, document control, reports, budget, and schedule management.
- Manage Pay Applications and Releases
- Equipment Delivery Scheduling and Acceptance
- Furniture Delivery Scheduling and Acceptance
- Prepare and issue project closeout package
NOTE: A list of which trades are being performed on your specific project internally vs outsource will be provided upon request.
Turn-key Architectural & Engineering Services
Compensation for Architectural Services shall be $12,710.00.
Turn-key Construction Services
Compensation for Construction Services shall be $85,827.00.
Total cost shall be $98,537.00.
Compensation for Additional Services (if not agreed upon as a lump sum amount) shall be based on SCG’s Standard Hourly Billing Rates
Compensation for Reimbursable Expenses including permit processing consultant and City fees incurred by SCG in connection with the Project shall be based on amounts invoiced to SCG, plus fifteen percent (15%).
This proposal does not include any landlord work or landlord renovations. Excluding line items on Exhibit C-1 from landlord “as is” lease.
AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
This Agreement is comprised of and incorporates the following documents, in order of precedence:
- this Letter of Agreement.
- the attached Standard Terms and Conditions (STC)
Where a portion of one document is amended by another of higher precedence, all unmodified portions shall remain in effect.
The effective date of this Agreement is [date].
$1,000.00 Deposit Upon Signing