Dear Carl Pinell,
We appreciate the opportunity to provide our proposal for Design & Architectural Services of your above-referenced project. Our proposed scope of work is based on our prior discussions and outlining your project needs. The key strength of SCGWest is the quality of our individual team members and our ability to form a team perfectly suited to any project with experience, knowledge, and competency unrivaled by our competitors. We will manage, coordinate, and execute the entire process- whether this consists of a basic design or you choose to continue working with us through the completion of the build. We are capable of handling all facets of a project from start to finish. What makes SCGWest so great at what we do is that we genuinely ENJOY what we do. Developing a new site, designing a space, refreshing a tired brand, or handing the keys to a new business owner for the first time, is what it’s all about! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work together and look forward to this project and your success.
Development Made Simple
We deliver turn-key commercial real estate solutions so you can focus on your core business. We are full-service firm specializing in the turnkey delivery of retail, restaurant, and medical office projects. SCGWest was founded in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2012 by Kyle Gorman and Brandon Lehman. The co-founders set out to improve on traditional industry standard methods by implementing a more efficient process that opens the lines of communication between all project participants and the ownership. The goal of this process was to form a more cohesive team approach utilizing technology to monitor progress with real time updates and improve efficiency, cost and speed in comparison to what conventional project delivery methods had to offer.
Today, SCGWest is headquartered in Irvine, California and completes projects nationwide. The company has provided development services to some of the nation’s largest retail, restaurant, and medical office brands, all while keeping the same philosophy that the company was founded on; We believe you need a trustworthy partner with your best interest at the forefront to make development simple.
The SCGWest Development Advantage
Past Project References
Shoreline Cellars - Long Beach, CA
Capriotti's - Chatsworth, CA
EL TORITO – MONTEREY, CA
SCGWest will provide Design & Architectural services related to the Customer, Retail, Stock/Support, and Restroom areas for architectural renovations of the Chozen Martial Arts to be located at Rancho Cucamonga, CA location. Chozen Martial Arts are looking to develop a new Customer, Retail, Stock/Support and Restroom areas that creates a refined experienced environment emulating their Chozen Martial Arts brand and business. The design will establish a comprehensive look and feel that will allow the customer to experience the quality of their business.
Existing Site Information
Vision and Schematic Design
VISIONING (1 week) SCG will build upon discussions and walkthrough had with the Client regarding this project by addressing the vision of the brand and the Chozen Martial Arts experience, as well challenges of the potential tenant space. Upon review of any Client provided research and after reviewing the current schematic design package prepared by an alternate designer, SCG will assist the Client in translating their vision of the brand into the Chozen Martial Arts experience. SCG will meet with and assist the Client in interpreting the best Program for this location, as well as it’s merchandising and configuration.
Visioning Meetings: One (1) meeting Points to be covered include:
- Applying the concept layout to the proposed suite footprint.
- Review and analysis of the existing schematic design package.
SCHEMATIC DESIGN (2 weeks) Upon completion of visioning, SCG will work with the Client to confirm that all programming, space planning, and spatial requirements have been met and are code compliant. SCG will provide fixture plans with the latest concept design configuration, confirming the mix of fixture types and the overall fixture counts is in keeping with the Client’s requirements for this office suite. The client’s approval is required on the design concept and refinements prior to the commencement of future phases.
- Preliminary code review and concept plan adjustments.
- Space Plan and Program Area Break-down.
- Reflected Ceiling Plan.
- Finish Plan.
- Concept imagery.
- Two (2) renderings.
Schematic Design Meetings: Up to two (2) meetings or calls to review progress.
Design Development and Construction Documentation
Design Development/Construction Documentation. Upon the Client’s approval of the Schematic Design phase, SCG will proceed with design development and construction documents. SCG will work with and lead coordination among the consultant team, including those consultants contracted to the Client, to develop further the details necessary to construct the project. Construction documents consisting of drawings and specifications will be developed for the purpose of obtaining pricing and construction permits including:
- Cover sheets and schedules
- Demolition plans as required
- Construction plans showing layouts, details, schedules, and dimensions
- Floor fixture plan showing the location of furniture and equipment
- Reflected ceiling plan showing lighting and equipment locations
- Interior elevations including signage locations
- Finish schedule indicating extent and location of finishes
- Construction details of interior wall and ceiling construction
- Millwork fixture details (if applicable)
- MEP drawings and specifications (if applicable)
- Lighting drawings and specifications (if applicable)
- Structural drawings and specifications (if applicable)
- Fixture, and equipment cut sheets, and specifications
- Optional Services: Furniture and Furnishings. SCG will prepare furniture location drawings and specifications that describe the requirements for pricing, fabricating, and installing furnishings, furniture, and equipment. SCGWest can assist to procure all furnishings, furniture, and equipment directly from manufacturers, fabricators, suppliers, and/or dealers.
- Specifications covering the above construction work for the project will be prepared to establish the requirements and standards for the construction work.
- SCG will forward reproducible drawings to consultants and will coordinate their work based on the approved design drawings. Background drawings will also be issued to the Client’s consultants and vendors for coordination of their work.
Document Sets will be issued as follows:
- Review Set (@ 50% complete)
- Permit and Landlord Review Set (@ 100% complete)
Meetings: Up to three (3) meetings or calls to review weekly progress.
Compensation for Additional Services (if not agreed upon as a lump sum amount) shall be based on SCG’s Standard Hourly Billing Rates
Compensation for Reimbursable Expenses including permit processing consultant and City fees incurred by SCG in connection with the Project shall be based on amounts invoiced to SCG, plus fifteen percent (15%).
This proposal does not include any landlord work or landlord renovations. Excluding line items on Exhibit C-1 from landlord “as is” lease.
AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
This Agreement is comprised of and incorporates the following documents, in order of precedence:
- this Letter of Agreement.
- the attached Standard Terms and Conditions (STC)
Where a portion of one document is amended by another of higher precedence, all unmodified portions shall remain in effect.
The effective date of this Agreement is Feb 11, 2021.
$1,000.00 Deposit Upon Signing